Leelanau Harvest Tour
September 16 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm$30 - $110
The Leelanau Harvest Tour is a great biking adventure for both families and single riders as the fall colors begin to show and apple trees are laden with fruit. Leaving from the Suttons Bay High School, routes of approximately 20, 40, 65, and 100 miles wind throughout beautiful Leelanau County on excellent paved roads passing by farms, orchards, vineyards, dunes, and through quaint villages. So come, ride, relax, and enjoy all that this beautiful peninsula has to offer.
After nine miles on the Leelanau Trail, the 20 mile route follows the east side of South Lake Leelanau then returns to the Trail to finish in Suttons Bay. Being mostly flat this is an ideal route for younger riders.
The 40 mile route begins the same as the short route then continues north along the east side of both North and South Lake Leelanau and passes though the village of Lake Leelanau before returning to Suttons Bay via the Leelanau Trail from Dumas Rd.
After leaving the Leelanau Trail 10.5 miles south of Suttons Bay, the 65 mile route heads west through Maple City, north around Little Traverse Lake, through Lake Leelanau, up the east side of North Lake Leelanau and then over Herman Hill to the finish.
The 100 mile route extends the 65 mile route north to the Grand Traverse Lighthouse at the tip of the Leelanau Peninsula and the village of Northport with more hills and scenic views.
Before July 12: $30 Individual; $70 Family (with children under 18)
On July 12: ride fees increase to $35 Individual; $80 Family.
On August 12: ride fees increase to $40 Individual; $90 Family.
On Sept. 16 (day of event): ride fees are $50 Individual; $110 Family.
- Well-marked roads on all routes
- Detailed route maps with cue sheets provided
- Roving SAG support for emergencies
- Food stops with toilet facilities
- Post ride lunch at Suttons Bay High School
- Showers at the high school
- Pre-ride tech support provided by Suttons Bay Bikes
- Helmets must be worn by all riders
- Riders are to obey all traffic rules and laws and to ride in a courteous and safe manner. Michigan law requires cyclists to ride as close to the right as practicable and not more than two abreast
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied by a cycling adult
PACKET PICK-UP / DAY OF REGISTRATION
- Packet pick-up / day of event registration is 7:30-10:00 am at the Suttons Bay High School. Save $$$ by registering prior to the tour: see Fees and Registration.
- Earlier packet pick-up is not available
- Century riders should plan to start by 8 am; 65 milers by 9 am; 20 and 40 milers by 10 am.
- Lunch service ends at 4:30 pm and SAG support ends on all routes at 4:30 pm, so gauge your ride time appropriately
- Parents or guardians must sign a release for riders aged 17 or under
- Your wristband is your admission to food stops, the picnic and for SAG support
- This is a rain or shine tour, so no refunds will be made after August 27
The Leelanau Harvest Tour is sponsored by the Cherry Capital Cycling Club, an all volunteer organization dedicated to the promotion of bicycling in the Grand Traverse Area.
The Tour has benefited the Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails to support ongoing trail network expansion and improvements, raising over $170,000 since 1999!