TART Trails is grateful for many years of support from a diverse group of outdoor enthusiasts who continue to support the organization with thousands of volunteer hours annually. Many volunteers work as trail builders, trail maintainers, office assistants, and board and committee members. It is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family. Whatever your age or ability, we need your help.
If you would like to volunteer, please click here to complete a Volunteer Information Form.
- Administrative -Come spend a few hours with us in our office! Administrative volunteers help with our database, website updates, and other tasks. If you have basic computer skills and want to help out, please let us know. We’ll supply the coffee! Contact email@example.com for more details.
- State Theatre – TART Trails volunteers on the third Monday of each month to work at the State Theatre. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Deliveries – Periodically, we need volunteers to deliver newsletters and brochures to local area businesses and other locations. In addition, we need to have posters distributed for TART Trails events such as Tour de TART, Smart Commute Week, Leelanau Harvest Tour, etc.
- Events – Our events require the help of many dedicated volunteers. For Smart Commute Week and Tour de TART, we have volunteer opportunities available during the event as well as positions available on planning committees that work in the weeks and months prior to the events.
- Fieldwork – There is always something to do on the TART Trail system. TART Trails hosts work bees in the spring, summer and fall to take care of such things as dead tree removal, trash pickup, spreading woodchips, and brush trimming. Most of the fieldwork is done by Ambassadors, volunteers, community groups and scouts.
- Adopt-A-Brochure Rack Program – Volunteers agree to keep a trail-side brochure box filled during the summer months. If you would like to fill one of the boxes please call the TART office at 941-4300.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Vasa Skills Building Work Bees – Saturdays
We’re stoked to get to work on building a 2-mile skill-building trail course next to the Vasa Trailhead at Bartlett Rd designed for beginners and youth to learn how to mountain bike. We’re conducting a series of work bees to get the job done and hope you can join us! Every Saturday from July 13 – September 28, from 8am – noon. Learn more and sign up here.
Ironman – August 25
TART Trails is excited to support the Ironman 70.3 Traverse City by hosting the Run Aid Station #4 along the Boardman Lake Trail! In return for recruiting our trusty TARTan volunteers, Ironman will donate back to TART Trails. But we need your help for this win-win to work! Shifts are just a few hours and right on the Boardman Lake Trail. Sign up here and be sure to scroll down to select Run Aid Station #4. Thank you!