- This event has passed.
Winter Trails Day
January 14 @ 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
There may not be snow on the ground, but we’re not letting that slow us down. Join us for Winter Trails Day at Timber Ridge this Saturday, January 14th for fun in the woods! TART Trails, Record Eagle, Vasa Ski Club, Brick Wheels, NMMBA and Suttons Bay Bikes are teaming up to lead group hikes, fat tire bike demos, and cross country skiing dry land training at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm.
We’ll also be slinging brats, brews, coco and cookies for a donation to TART Trails from 11 am to 2 pm. Trails Day is still FREE to attend, please register in advance to help us prepare. Check in begins in the lodge at Timber Ridge at 10:30 am on Saturday.
The day includes:
- Free rental equipment will be available on a first-come-first-served basis starting at 10:30am. A driver’s license is required to check out equipment
- Since equipment is limited, if you have your own equipment, please bring it!
- Introductory ski clinics with dry land training and info sessions will be led by volunteers and Vasa Ski Club members at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm
- Group hikes will be let by TART Trails’ staff and volunteers at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm
- Fatbikes will be available for short demo rides brought to you by NMMBA at 11 am, 12 pm and 1 pm
- Brats, brews, hot coco, cookies and s’mores will be available from 11 am – 2 pm for a donation to TART Trails
- Although the use of equipment and trails is free, we ask that you please register in advance – online registration is now closed, but in-person registration is available.
- TART Trails will post notice to our website and social media pages in the event of cancellations.
This event is FREE! Please consider donating to TART Trails by clicking the link below or dropping a few bucks off at the registration table so we can continue to provide and promote a trail network for users to enjoy all year!
Thanks to Winter Trails Day sponsor, TC Trimdown by the Traverse City Record Eagle.