- This event has passed.
Winter Trails Day
January 8 @ 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
Join us for a fun, family-friendly day of winter trail activities at the 12th Annual Winter Trails Day at Timber Ridge Resort.
We’re teaming up with the Record Eagle, Vasa Ski Club, Brick Wheels, NMMBA, Suttons Bay Bikes and Timber Ridge Resort to offer free trail access, introductory ski lessons, fatbike demos, guided snowshoe hikes and use of equipment rentals for those new to winter trail sports.
There will be a limited number of cross-country skis, snowshoes and fatbikes to try out on the trails. Volunteers and members of the Vasa Ski Club will provide free introductory ski lessons, TART volunteers will lead snowshoe hikes and NMMBA volunteers will provide fat tire bike demos. The day includes:
- Free rental equipment will be available on a first-come-first-served basis starting at 10:30am. A driver’s license is required to check out equipment
- Since equipment is limited, if you have your own equipment, please bring it!
- Introductory ski lessons will be led by volunteers and Vasa Ski Club members on a rolling basis
- Snowshoe hikes will be let by TART Trails’ volunteers on a rolling basis
- Fatbikes will be available for short demo rides brought to you by NMMBA. There will be a short NMMBA led group ride at approximately 1:00pm.
- Complimentary cookies and cocoa will be served in the lodge so you can refuel and warm-up by the fire after your time on the trails.
- Although the use of equipment and trails is free, we ask that you please register in advance (or day of)
- TART Trails will post notice to our website and social media pages in the event of cancellations
This event is totally FREE! Please consider donating to TART Trails by clicking the link below or dropping a few bucks off at the registration table so we can continue to provide and promote a trail network for users to enjoy all year!
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 3 PM ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, 2022. YOU CAN STILL REGISTER IN PERSON ON SATURDAY MORNING, BUT EQUIPMENT IS VERY LIMITED!
Thanks to Winter Trails Day sponsor, TC Trimdown by the Traverse City Record Eagle.