Communications & Outreach Specialist
Traverse Area Recreation & Transportation (TART) Trails is looking to fill a temporary position for a Communications & Outreach Specialist. This position is an important part of the organization and helps support our mission to enrich the Traverse region by providing a network of trails, bikeways and pedestrian ways and encouraging their use.
The Specialist will provide communication support with digital outreach and marketing initiatives for TART Trails, Inc., including website, social media, enews, and print communications. The Specialist will provide support for TART Trails’ special events as well as partner and community events. The Specialist will be actively involved in outreach and communications initiatives designed to ensure TART Trails’ mission is clearly communicated to donors, volunteers and the community. The Specialist will also help manage TART Trails’ Ambassador and Volunteer Programs, as well as TART Trails’ sponsorship program. This position reports to the Communications & Policy Director.
- Manage multiple websites and support social media
- Work with the Communications & Policy Director to develop content for TART Trails’ outreach including enews, press releases, newsletter, etc.
- Support special events including Oktoberfest, Volunteer Appreciation Party, Winter Trails Day, etc.
- Work with partner organizations on programming efforts and events that support and promote TART Trails’ vision, mission and goals and role in the community
- Provide communications support, develop content and execute enews, website updates, press releases and other media coverage
- Provide support as needed for events related to capital campaigns
- Help manage TART’s Volunteer and Ambassador program to engage and empower volunteers to help meet identified organizational needs and support TART’s vision, mission and values.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of TART Trails’ mission and role in the community
- Ability to organize and manage projects and events
- Website management and digital media fluency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest and ability to work with volunteers on projects designed to advance TART Trails’ mission
- Ability to embrace a team-oriented approach to supporting and managing TART Trails’ communication and outreach efforts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and a disciplined approach to work and problem solving
- Strong computer and presentation skills
- Flexible work schedule as evening and weekend hours will be required
TART Trails strives to provide a positive work environment respectful of each other, our volunteers, donors and our community. Attention to work-life balance is a priority. The position is 30-40 hours/week September through January, with some weekend and evening hours required. The pay will be between $15-$20 hourly. TART Trails provides flexible hours and working environment.
Cover letter and resume are due by 5pm on Friday, August 30.
Please submit all materials to Kate Lewis at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.