Enriching the Traverse region by providing a network of trails, bikeways and pedestrian ways; and encouraging their use.
- Outdoor recreation – Get outside and exercise. Experience wildlife, enjoy the natural environment, breathe fresh air and have fun.
- Making connections – To nature, to work, to school, to people, to places, to ourselves- now and forever.
- Sustainable transportation – Empower individuals and decision makers to make choices that benefit personal and community economics and the environment.
- Equitable access – Always open and safe for everyone.
- Improving health – Active transportation and outdoor recreation improves community health and personal well-being.
Happy, active people enjoying a world-class trail system.
The whole region will be connected by world-class trails, bikeways, and pedestrian-friendly streets linking people to the beauty of the Traverse area year round. Platinum Bicycle-Friendly, the Traverse area will be known for its natural surroundings, active, healthy outdoor lifestyles, and vibrant town centers where everyone has sustainable transportation options. We will be a world-renowned outdoor recreation and four-season destination.
TART Trails is proud to be a member of the following organizations:
Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
Downtown Traverse City Association
League of Michigan Bicyclists
Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance
North Country Trail Association
Suttons Bay Chamber of Commerce
Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce