- This event has passed.
Winter Trails Day
January 9 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Mark your calendars for Saturday, January 9th, from 10.30am-2pm for the 7th annual Winter Trails Day at Timber Ridge Resort which is part of National Winter Trails Month at www.wintertrails.org. TART Trails is teaming up with the Vasa Ski Club, Einstein Cycles and Timber Ridge Resort to offer free trail access, introductory ski lessons, fatbike demos, guided snowshoe hikes and use of equipment rentals for those new to winter trail sports.
There will be cross-country skis, snowshoes and fatbikes to try out on the trails. Members of the Vasa Ski Club will provide free introductory ski lessons, and volunteers will lead snowshoe hikes.
– Although the use of equipment and trails is free, participants must register in advance at traversetrails.org, or the day of starting at 10.30am.
– Junior and adult classic skis, junior’s skate skis (no adult skate skis), snowshoes and fatbikes will be available on a first-come-first-served basis starting at 10.30am. A driver’s license is required to check out equipment.
– Since equipment is limited, if you have your own equipment, please bring it.
– Introductory ski lessons will be lead by Vasa Ski Club members starting at 11am and 12.30pm.
– Snowshoe hikes will be held at 11am, 12pm and 1pm.
– Fatbikes from Einstein Cycles will be available for short demo rides on Timber Ridge’s fatbike trail.
– Complimentary cookies and cocoa will be served in the lodge so you can refuel and warm-up by the fire after your time on the trails! Timber Ridge will also have chili available for purchase.
– In the event of weather that requires cancellation, TART Trails will post notice to their website and their Facebook page.
Anyone interested in participating in the fun, free day on the trails should register online in advance. Please contact Brian Beauchamp, Outreach and Program Director of TART Trails, at 231.941.4300 or email@example.com with any questions.
Winter Trails Day is also a TC Trimdown Sponsored Event! Ready to get serious this year about losing those extra pounds you may have gained over the holidays and get a chance to win $1,000.00 by doing so? Join the TC Trimdown, a friendly team competition that TART Trails has teamed up with the Record Eagle and other supporting sponsors to promote healthy living and active happy people getting out on the trials. Teams of four are encouraged to sign up and join the 13 week challenge which begins on January 5 and goes through Aprlil 5. Visit the TC Trimdown Event Page for complete details.
National Winter Trails Month
The 21st annual Winter Trails month is January 2016 and involves almost 100 resorts and Nordic Centers nationwide, and gets 11,000 kids and adults on the snow each year. Winter Trails programs and activities vary in size and scope, as each venue chooses a program that will introduce these sports to their communities. Each Winter Trails event is run by a local organization or business. Most Winter Trails events are located at Nordic centers or on public lands operated by the U.S. Forest Service or the National Parks Service. Many locations offer education programs and trail tours. Equipment and trail fees are free.
For information about National Winter Trails Events, visit www.wintertrails.org.