The 13th annual Tour de TART will be held on Friday, July 26, 2013. This summer event is a one-way bike ride on the TART and Leelanau Trails from Traverse City to Suttons Bay. Celebrate the rural trail corridor connecting these two northern Michigan communities and experience parts of Leelanau County that you cannot see from the road.
In 2012, we had 600 participants. This event attracts families and individuals of all ages and riding abilities – toddlers in bike trailers and kids on tagalongs are common. It is a great way for families to enjoy the benefits of using the trail together.
Starting at the old train depot (near The Filling Station microbrewery) anytime between 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., riders will enjoy two food stops along the 19-mile paved trail. The finish features a bayside meal at the Suttons Bay Marina with music. Participants enjoy a relaxing bus ride back to Traverse City, while their bicycles return via truck.
We also offer special transportation for Suttons Bay area participants. A bus (and truck for bikes) will leave the Suttons Bay Marina promptly at 4:00 p.m. and drop riders at event check-in in Traverse City.
Registration will open early June.
This year we welcome supporting sponsor Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
We are also pleased to have 9 Bean Rows catering the event!
Information for participants:
- Tour de TART is a rain or shine event. Should severe weather arise that requires a delayed start or cancellation, we will post a notice to the website and facebook.
- All proceeds benefit TART Trails.
- Riders start anytime between 4pm and 6:30pm at the old train depot on Woodmere in Traverse.
- Adults receive TART Trails swag and children receive spoke beads.
- Follow the TART Trail and Leelanau Trail 19-miles to Marina Park in Suttons Bay.
- There are two snack stops along the route.
- Starting at 6pm at the finish you will enjoy a BBQ style meal and rootbeer floats. Local microbrews and wine are available for purchase.
- Riders and bikes will be shuttled back to Traverse on busses and trucks between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
- There is a shuttle that leaves Suttons Bay Marina Park at 4pm sharp for those that need to get in to TC to start the ride. This shuttle requires a reservation.