This year we welcome supporting sponsor
Blue Care Network of Michigan
We are also pleased to have
9 Bean Rows catering Tour de TART!
Tour de TART is thankful to the dedicated volunteers and businesses that support the event and make it a huge success!
•REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN: We are capping the event at 600 participants this year, so sign up early! The ride includes food stops, dinner, and a bus ride back to Traverse City. All riders must check-in between 4 pm and 6:30 pm under the awning at the Filling Station, located near 8th St and Woodmere Ave. Families with young children are encouraged to check-in and begin the ride no later than 5:00 p.m. Helmets are required.
•PARKING: Parking is available on the currently vacant site of the new Depot Neighborhood, a Habitat for Humanity-GTR and Homestretch affordable housing community located on the corner of Eighth St and Woodmere Ave, adjacent to the old train depot. Parking is limited, so please carpool or ride to the start if you are able.
• COURSE: 19 miles of paved trail one way. At the end of the trail in Suttons Bay, follow the signs to get to the marina.
• DURATION: An average time to complete the trip is 2 hours. It could take families with young children longer, depending on how many breaks are taken, so please plan your departure time accordingly.
• REST STOPS: Water, snacks and portalets are provided at Fouch Road (7 miles from the start) and Bingham Road (11 miles from the start). Carrying a water bottle is suggested.
• DINNER: Served from 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m at Suttons Bay Marina Park. Local microbrews from Short’s Brewing and wine from Black Star Farms will be available for purchase – bring cash!
• TRANSPORTATION for RIDERS: Riders will be transported back to Traverse City by school bus. Buses leave when full, with the first bus leaving at 6:30 pm, and the last bus leaving at 9:30 pm. Please be ready to board the bus no later than 9:20 pm.
•TRANSPORTATION for BIKES: Be sure to leave your bike in the loading zone near the trucks upon your arrival in Suttons Bay; do not wait until you board the bus. Bikes will be loaded on a truck for the return trip to Traverse City. In TC, bikes are held in a secure area at the old train depot. You will need your wrist band, which matches the band on your bike, to reclaim your bike.
• BIKE RENTALS: Available through McLain Cycle, Einstein Cycles and Brick Wheels in TC, and Body Balance and Suttons Bay Bikes in Suttons Bay.
•PRE-EVENT SHUTTLE BUS OPTION: We offer special transportation for Suttons Bay area participants. A bus (and truck for bikes) will leave Suttons Bay Marina promptly at 4:00 p.m. and drop you off at event check-in in Traverse City. Ride the event and return to Suttons Bay Marina. This option is only offered by reservation on the entry form.
RIDE HIGHLIGHTS: Waterfront views, Time to Let Go sculpture, the yellow caboose, farms and fields.