Registration for the 2013 Tour de TART is open!
$30 for adults, $5 for children under 12. The event is capped at 600 riders and filled early last year, so please register now. The price increases by $5 starting July 19th if any spots remain.
Please consider volunteering to help make Tour de TART a huge success.
This year we welcome supporting sponsor
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
We are also pleased to have
9 Bean Rows catering Tour de TART!
•WEATHER: Tour de TART is a rain or shine event. Should severe weather arise that requires a delayed start or cancellation, we will post a notice to the website and facebook.
•REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN: We are capping the event at 600 participants this year, so sign up early! The ride includes food stops, dinner, and a bus ride back to Traverse City. All riders must check-in between 4:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m. at the old train depot located at 8th St and Woodmere Ave. Families with young children are encouraged to check-in and begin the ride no later than 5:00 p.m. Helmets are required.
• COURSE: 19 miles of paved trail one way. At the end of the trail in Suttons Bay, follow the signs to get to the marina.
• DURATION: An average time to complete the trip is 2 hours. It could take families with young children longer, depending on how many breaks are taken, so please plan your departure time accordingly.
• REST STOPS: Water, snacks and portalets are provided at Fouch Road (7 miles from the start) and Bingham Road (11 miles from the start). Carrying a water bottle is suggested.
• DINNER: Served from 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m at Suttons Bay Marina Park. Local microbrews from Short’s Brewing and wine from Black Star Farms will be available for purchase – bring cash!
• TRANSPORTATION for RIDERS: Riders will be transported by school bus. Buses leave when full, with the first bus leaving at 6:30 pm, and the last bus leaving at 9:30 pm. Please be ready to board the bus no later than 9:20 pm.
•TRANSPORTATION for BIKES: Be sure to leave your bike in the loading zone near the trucks upon your arrival in Suttons Bay; do not wait until you board the bus. Bikes will be loaded on a truck for the return trip to Traverse City. In TC, bikes are held in a secure area at the old train depot. You will need your wrist band, which matches the band on your bike, to reclaim your bike.
• BIKE RENTALS: Available through McLain Cycle, Einstein Cycles and Brick Wheels in TC, and Body Balance and Suttons Bay Bikes in Suttons Bay.
•PRE-EVENT SHUTTLE BUS OPTION: We offer special transportation for Suttons Bay area participants. A bus (and truck for bikes) will leave Suttons Bay Marina promptly at 4:00 p.m. and drop you off at event check-in in Traverse City. Ride the event and return to Suttons Bay Marina. This option is only offered by reservation the entry form.
RIDE HIGHLIGHTS: Waterfront views, Time to Let Go sculpture, the yellow caboose, farms and fields.