The 2012 Tour de TART was a tour de force! The clouds parted just in time for registration and the night was perfect for the 600 riders. Riders ages 3 to 83 enjoyed a leisurely ride with food stops along the way and a great dinner at Suttons Bay Marina Park. The Tour de TART is successful only because of the generosity of the many volunteers, sponsors and participants.
Special Thanks to:
Gordon’s Food Service
9 Bean Rows
Pure Water Works
Elmer’s Crane and Dozer, Inc.
Salone de Capelli
Steve Brown/ Iceman
Cherry Capital Cycling Club
McLain Cycle and Fitness
Suttons Bay Bikes
Village of Suttons Bay
Tour de TART planning Committee: Beth Adcock, Connie Mann, Meagan McLain, Kevin Pryor, Chelsea Strate
The more than 60 volunteers…planning, setup, registration, course marshals, grillers, tear down…you name it. We cannot make it happen without volunteers involved in every aspect of the Tour de TART.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2013 Tour de TART!
Information for participants:
- Tour de TART is a rain or shine event. Should severe weather arise that requires a delayed start or cancellation, we will post a notice to the website and facebook.
- All proceeds benefit TART Trails.
- Riders start anytime between 4pm and 6:30pm at the old train depot on Woodmere in Traverse.
- Adults receive a pair of Tour de TART socks and children receive spoke beads.
- Follow the TART Trail and Leelanau Trail 19-miles to Marina Park in Suttons Bay.
- There are two snack stops along the route.
- Starting at 6pm at the finish you will enjoy a BBQ style meal and rootbeer floats. Local microbrews and Connect sparkling wine are available for purchase.
- Riders and bikes will be shuttled back to Traverse on busses and trucks between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
- There is a shuttle that leaves Suttons Bay Marina Park at 4pm sharp for those that need to get in to TC to start the ride. This shuttle requires a reservation (it is full).