19th annual Smart Commute Week
June 3rd – 7th, 2013
An annual week-long celebration of smart commuting that takes place the first full week in June. In addition to encouraging new smart commuters, the purpose of the week is to gather and celebrate the community’s year-round veteran smart commuters and infrastructure improvements to provide more safe, connected and accessible active transportation. The week is made possible by the support of community partners and sponsors.
Get ready for Smart Commute Week with a new-to-you bicycle at the 3rd annual Recycle-A-Bicycle Bike Swap on Saturday, June 1st.
Smart Commute Challenge Commuter Breakfasts 7am-9am daily
Mon, June 3rd
- Higher Grounds, 806 Red Drive at Grand Traverse Commons
- Pangea’s Pizza, 135 E. Front St.
Tues , June 4th
- Munson Medical Center lawn just south of the Emergency Entrance on Elmwood St.
- Munson Community Health Center Front, 550 Munson Ave
Weds, June 5th
- BATA Transit Center, 115 Hall St.
- The Kitchen, 1249 Woodmere Ave.
Thurs , June 6th
- NW MI Autism Resource Network & NMC host at Oak Park Elementary Garfield Ave @ W. Civic Center Dr.
- The Disability Network, 415 E. 8th St
Fri , June 7th
- Oryana Natural Market & Cone Drive, 260 E. Tenth St.
Mon, June 3rd: Aftermass at the STATE Theater 7:15pm, FREE admission
Tues, June 4th: MLUI Local Motion Commuter Summit, Opera House, 3-6pm
Thurs, June 6th: TART Fiesta at Red Mesa Grill 6-9pm
Fri, June 7th: BikeIn TC film PeeWee’s Big Adventure at F&M Park 8:30pm
As an additional way to give back to the community and support the trails, Michigan Blood will donate $10 to TART Trails for each person that makes an appointment to donate blood Monday, June 10th, through Tuesday, June 11th. More information on how to make an appointment can be found at MiBlood.org.