TART Trails is grateful for many years of support from a diverse group of outdoor enthusiasts who continue to support the organization with thousands of volunteer hours annually. Many volunteers work as trail builders, trail maintainers, office assistants, and board and committee members. It is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family. Whatever your age or ability, we need your help.
If you would like to volunteer, please click here to complete a Volunteer Information Form.
- Administrative -Come spend a few hours with us in our office! Administrative volunteers help with our database, website updates, and other tasks. If you have basic computer skills and want to help out, please let us know. We’ll supply the coffee! Contact email@example.com for more details.
- State Theatre – TART Trails volunteers on the third Monday of each month to work at the State Theatre. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Mailings – Volunteers assist in mailing out newsletters, appeals, holiday cards, etc. Duties include stuffing envelopes, folding, sealing, or applying labels.
- Deliveries – Periodically, we need volunteers to deliver newsletters and brochures to local area businesses and other locations. In addition, we need to have posters distributed for TART Trails events such as Tour De TART, Smart Commute Week, and the Leelanau Harvest Tour, etc.
- Events – Our events require the help of many dedicated volunteers. For Smart Commute Week and Tour de TART, we have volunteer opportunities available during the event as well as positions available on planning committees that work in the weeks prior to the event.
- Fieldwork – There is always something to do on the TART Trail system.
TART Trails hosts work bees in the spring, summer and fall to take care of such things as dead tree removal, trash pickup, spreading woodchips, and brush trimming. Most of the fieldwork is done by Ambassadors, volunteers, community groups, scouts, or TART Trails staff and board members.
- Adopt-A-Brochure Rack Program – Volunteers agree to keep a trailside brochure box filled during the summer months. The brochure box locations and the volunteers who fill them are listed below. If you would like to fill one of the un-assigned boxes please call the TART office at 941-4300 and arrange to pick up your supply of brochures.